Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Recipe Revolution


But really, when are my recipes NOT revolutions? Or....at least MY version of them. I'm just going to jump right into this one.

Today, I made the last of the "Everyday Tomato Sauces" with "Tuna and Tomato Sauce." Fear not, I refused to eat tuna this time around. Third time is not the charm in this case, because I am not willing to try it a third time. In its place, I used tilapia, ergo, I introduce to you, "Tilapia and Tomato Sauce." It still has that nice alliteration :)

There's really no use in going through how the recipe should go, because I just kind of winged this one. I started by searing the tilapia with some capers and lemon juice until it was cooked all the way through and could be flaked (what a horrible term to describe a food item. Honestly? Flaked?) I then turned down the heat and added my marinara sauce (that had been frozen from the last time I made it) and heated it through.

All the while, I cooked some spaghetti. How easy is this recipe? Final step, I drained the pasta, put it on a plate, and topped it with the sauce. Voila.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Obviously, it was much better than if I had used tuna (I'm having flashbacks of choking it down in the past), but the tilapia didn't really stand out. However, tilapia sort of tastes like whatever you cook it in or with, so I guess it did its job? The marinara was great as usual, and probably even better than when I initially made it from being frozen.

Not gonna lie, I probably won't make this again. Oh well. Can't win every time.

That's all the updating I intend to do this week, check back again next week though!

No comments:

Post a Comment