Thursday, August 27, 2009

Call Me Butter...


...cause I'm on a roll. Actually more like Crisco, because that's what I used to make these cookies shown above. Though they were more than delicious (yes, there IS such a thing), Crisco definitely changes the taste of cookies. But please, notice how perfectly golden brown they are, and how perfectly moist they are in the middle (ah, if only you could smell them through the computer screen).

Ever have the need to do something that you know you're good at just to rebuild your self-esteem even for five minutes? That's what baking is for me. I wasn't always good at it (there have been many rock hard brownies and paper thin cookies in my past), but I think I've got it down by now. Whenever I want to do something that I know I can do well and that will come out as expected, I bake something. And I was not disappointed tonight :)

My friend Matt came over while I made these and was the official taste tester. I even taste tested and ate some dough. I really can't resist any dough for baked goods. These are for my team dinner tomorrow night, so no new foods for tomorrow or Saturday for that matter (I'll be away at a tournament all day). However, Sunday begins my quest into the lovely Giada De Laurentiis' Everyday Italian! The first dish includes tuna, will I survive? Stay tuned and find out!

2 comments:

  1. Those look like the perfect chocolate chip cookies. I'm no food connoisseur, but I am pretty picky about my cookies, and I can tell you, even without being able to smell them through the computer screen, that if your cookies were at a party with other chocolate cookies, I would hover by your plate all night.

    Also, I know what you mean about doing something you know you're good at to make yourself feel better. I have something that is *sort of* like that: my confidence heels. There's nothing I'm better at than bein' tall, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, I love it! Heels are definitely a major confidence boost (though they still only make me about 5'3"). And thank you for the cookie compliments :) Do you think they would survive being shipped to France?

    ReplyDelete