Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Quick Pit Stop

I took yesterday off from cooking and hit the dining halls to see what was new and different there. My school switched up its dining plan for this year so now everything is on the unlimited plan. I got a salad which was fine (though I had to instruct the woman who was making it on how to make it. Leslie and I were about to hop behind the counter and put it together ourselves), then I got a sub for dinner which was nothing special. However, I did order it with banana peppers and I now have a new love for them.

Which brings me to my next mini challenge: how to make a healthier version of the Stuffed Banana Pepper. I had one for the first time at the Taste of Buffalo this summer, and it was fantastic. But, like everything else in the world that's delicious, it was filled with fattening cheeses and probably covered in oil. So, I'm making it my mission to make a healthier recipe for this awesome dish. I will post it once I figure it out.

I have a busy day ahead of me today with two scrimmages and a high school clinic so I will be taking the day off from cooking once again. Wednesday is the first day of classes and I intend to be back in the kitchen that night!

2 comments:

  1. We MUST find a healthy version of the Stuffed Banana Pepper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's so delicious, yet so evil!!

    ReplyDelete