Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back to Basics


Hello everyone!!

First off, I apologize for not keeping up with this during break. As I've said before, it actually is difficult to find time to cook while home! As much as I love to cook, I love having my mother and others (including some fantastic restaurants around here) cook for me too. It's nice not having to plan it all out every so often and just have a plate of food placed in front of you. You would understand if you've ever had my mother's cooking :)

I will be returning back to school tomorrow and plan on tackling four (yes FOUR) recipes this coming week. I didn't set a specific deadline for this project to end, so I can't say that I'm behind, but I was expecting to be a bit further than I am by this point. Finishing four recipes this week will wrap up the current cycle of the book I have started so I will finally feel a sense of closure with that (it kills me to have started with an antipasti then not cook for a week).

As for today, I just finished baking some cookies (and I must say, they may be my best batch yet. The quote I used from Julie & Julia in my last entry definitely applies to my chocolate chip cookies) and will finish packing once I find some motivation. For now I'm lounging on my big bed with my dog (see above picture) before being subjected to a single bed in a walk-in-closet-sized bedroom back at school for another five weeks. It is sooo good being home :)

That's all I've really got for now. I'm going back to my bed, my dog, and the Kooks till that motivation comes around. Maybe even some Jersey Shore....it's addicting. See you this week for more fun with Everyday Italian!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful comment- I love cooking for you and the fam. Have fun at school and keep on cooking. The only college student I know that got excited about getting muffin pans as a gift. You are one in a million. Love always, Mom

    ReplyDelete