Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Thursday!

I'm going through blog withdrawl, so I'm updating without any new food to share. I am sitting down now to a nice chop salad and a mug of milk while watching the Neelys cook and kiss (mainly kiss, I swear those two are on some serious uppers) and make Hot and Spicy Tortilla Soup, yum!

I've had the past couple of days to really solidify my routine here at school and everything is starting to calm down. For awhile there, I thought this was going to be the semester from hell where I'm just going, going, going non-stop. However, I'm now in the groove and set for success! My classes are going well, I've finally got my act together for field hockey (though it would be nice if we could notch a win!), and I'm finding time to have fun with friends.

Today was the first day that felt like an autumn day. It was cooler and breezier, the only thing that reminded me that it's still technically summer, is that the leaves are still green. With autumn comes Pumpkin Chai Lattes at the coffee shop and I can't wait! Pumpkin is such an autumn-ish flavor. I actually have been thinking of ways to incorporate it into recipes. Yes, that is what I do in my spare time. You know in the movie Hairspray when Tracey is in class and all she's thinking about is dancing after school? Well when I daydream in class, I think about food and new recipes. This isn't really anything new, my days have always been driven by the next time that I can eat (I have been known to ask what's for dinner at 9 a.m.).

Anyhow, I should probably focus on some work now before our girl's night later tonight! Gotta love watching a chick flick with the girls :) Oh, and lesson learned from this salad: there IS such a thing as too much red onion. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment