Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A quick update: Last night I made my famous Oreo Truffles (with peanut butter) for Katie's birthday celebration tomorrow. I would take a picture, but I have been in and out of the kitchen so many times tonight and I really just don't feel like it. They came out fantastic (I tasted one) and are MUCH easier to make this year with the help of kitchen utensils (I found that an ice cream scoop works really well to crush up Oreos--I told you I needed one Mom). It's also much easier to chill them when a full-sized refrigerator is available rather than trying to disperse them among four different mini fridges. Ah, college life.

I made marinara sauce tonight in preparation for tomorrow's Tomato Sauce with Olives. Basically, it's the marinara sauce with olives and crushed red pepper. You really can't go wrong. I only had to make a half batch of the sauce this time and seeing as I had made it before, it was quite easy and I didn't mess up at all! I did, however, manage to slice my finger open. That's what I get for being too trusting with my knives (and for trying to get chopped garlic off the sharp end of a knife). I suppose this is another life lesson I can take with me: when you just relax and do what you know how to do, everything will work out fine.

There will be a field hockey recruit staying the night on Friday so I had to push my cooking up one night to Thursday. On Friday, I will be hosting a team dinner and will be making pizzas! They are not at all from scratch (aside from a white pizza that I'm planning on attempting...), but it's better (and cheaper!) than ordering in. I will try to take pictures of those without the team noticing and looking like a complete fool. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment